BannerFans.com

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Another Month Gone


Well, another month has gone and it's been another one of ups and downs. The down was losing our little dog Lucy just over a week ago. It was quite sudden and a bit of a shock, so it's been a sad week. What we thought was nasal swelling from allergies and sinus turned out to the a nasal tumor. She was almost 12 and had been blind since she was 3 due to glaucoma but had been a lovely, healthy little thing other than that. Well, she's gone over the rainbow bridge to be with Charlie and Sasha (our other two dogs we lost in the last three years), as well as Jellybean, our beautiful little guinea pig. We should have her ashes back in the next week or so ...







As for the rest of the month ... I did finish another of my BOM blocks. It's really slow going since I am doing it by hand, but it keeps my hands busy. I have also been doing some hand quilting on a very long term project which I am hoping to complete this winter before the warmer weather kicks in again. There is nothing worse than hand quilting in the heat. Here is my third completed block ...




I will be planning a trip to pick up some fabric soon so that I can finish my Tis the Season project. I also have to make a shaggy quilt for someone Tiffany works with. She is due to have her baby in the next couple of months, so I need to get myself organised. She loves Beatrix Potter, so I will be digging some of my fabric out, and then choosing some to co-ordinate.

Well, it's time to find something new to start. I have another BOM to do, but I also have a couple of projects I've seen in some of the magazines I've bought recently ... decisions, decisions, decisions .. LOL ...



No comments:

Post a Comment